There are many different kinds of loan programs out there. Determining which loan program is right for you can be a difficult task. Our mortgage professionals take the time to train and education themselves on all the different types of loan programs so they can provide their clients with the best possible options for any particular situation. The two most common types of loan programs are Conventional and FHA. Below are some reasons why FHA is a great option when it comes time to purchase a home.
FHA offers many benefits that are unique to FHA:
- It is easier to qualify. FHA insures their mortgages, which cause lenders to be more willing to give loan terms that make it easier to qualify.
- You don’t have to have perfect credit. With FHA, people who have had credit problems in the past, including bankruptcy, will have an easier time qualifying for an FHA loan than a conventional loan.
- FHA requires a lower down payment. Most conventional loans and other loan programs require at least a 5% down payment. FHA only requires a minimum of 3.5% down. Another unique feature with regards to the down payment on an FHA loan is that the money can come from a family member, employer, or a charitable organization as a gift.
- FHA has lower costs. Since FHA loans are insured by the federal government, they are able to offer very competitive interest rates.
- The FHA helps you keep your home should you fall into hard times. The FHA has many options to help you keep your home and avoid foreclosure.
As you can see, there are many reasons why FHA loans are a good choice when it comes to buying a home. If you would like to see if you qualify for an FHA home loan, or if you would like to see what other types of loan products you might qualify for, please contact one of our mortgage loan officers today! Our mortgage loan officers are experts in all types of loan programs and can help you find the loan program that is right for you and your particular situation.